Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Neighborhood


"You can't know who you are until you know where you are."- Wendell Berry.

This school year I've been dealing with a change of scenery. Over the last two years, I was living in Coastal Village. The place was decent. I didn't have too many complaints about it, under than the fact that people got crazy every weekend, and was no stranger to the occasional cop cars and student arrests. However I knew that I needed a change of scenery. I was paying 549 bucks a month but essentially one room in a four bedroom apartment, including utilities but it just didn't feel like home to me. That's when I decided I would need to move out after last school year and decide on something else. I lucked out to a great piece of property in a nice, quaint neighborhood. Stoneybrook at Gateway.




It is a great gated community about 20 minutes or so away from FGCU. The houses there are great and the whole community itself just looks wonderful. They have numerous facilities including a pool, basketball court, tennis court, and gym. It's all pretty much straight out of a movie. There are so many suburban homes and families here they should have nicknamed the place Suburbia. There are several lakes and pathways along the lakes along with benches to sit and enjoy the scenery.




I didn't really notice too much of things that were put in place to sustain anything. There is only trash cans at the clubhouse. The lakes all have fountains, however so they are reprehensible. There are a lot of kids that travel along the sidewalks and run around, so there isn't much of a sense of peace when I'm out there on my runs. Regardless of whether I'm home in my hometown of Englewood, or here in Fort Myers, I'll always be most comfortable in the house, in my room, tv on or music playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment