Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Journal Entry 1- Incoming Reflection

It's only been a few weeks and I'm still a little uncertain as to what to expect from this Colloquium class. My initial thoughts going into the class are basically what I have heard from my peers. There's going to be a lot of writing and you get to go on field trips. I'm absolutely fine with either. I'm a fan of writing and I think it's one of my natural talents. And shoot, I haven't been on a field trip since I was in high school so that should be fun too. Plus the class is only once a week, so I think I can manage that. I wasn't aware of how environmental the class would be getting but after these first few weeks I can see where we're going. I myself personally don't have too much experience working in the wildlife. I haven't volunteered too much in the wildlife, nor have I had any jobs in the environment. I am however, eco-friendly. I do have a liking for the environment. When I was little I would play in trees and climb every natural piece of Earth out there. I think it's our responsibility to make sure we keep this planet clean for generations to come. That's one of the things i'm hoping to walk away from after this class. I'm hoping that I will learn of more opportunities to help the environment and to learn more about environmental issues that are going on in our world today so that I can formulate my own opinion and ideas to resolve. I'm hoping to succeed in the class and get an A. I think the environmental tips and experiences I will walk away from this class, while on the outside might not help me with my degree, will be beneficial to me in the long run when I'm settling down with my career and family and deciding on how to devote my volunteer time to my community, to my environment and to my planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment